News for the technical elite....

-

Cingular rebates, that burning feeling...

Posted by dmoynihan Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Logo2





Gizmodo.com is running a post about how a reader was gypped by Cingular with their new rebate for the RAZR phones.  Cingular is sending out Visa Debit Rewards Cards in leu of rebate checks.  I know this readers pain first hand, as I just bought two phones (Siemens SX 66 and a Sony Ericsson s710a) from Cingular for my wife and I, and we received our $150.00 rebate in the form of three separately mailed $50 Visa Rewards cards.  You can't use them to pay for most things online... like my hosting service, or my Gizmo Minutes, you can't get cash back from an ATM, and you must use them inside at your local stop-n-rob for gas (pay at the pump won't work). 



All I can say is two words, "class action" anyone?



0 comments

Post a Comment